Leather is a natural an extremely durable material that is resistant to various weather conditions. However, it is necessary to look after it if you want to keep your leather in the best possible condition over the years.
We have put together a few useful tips how to look after your leather products:
- Use a leather protector before using your product – it will increase the resistance to dirt, bugs, or rain. Reapply the product when you see it needs a little care.
- Avoid riding in heavy rains as it can damage the leather over time.
- Always hang your jacket on the padded hanger to keep shape. Do not fold your jacket or other leather products as it may cause cracks.
- Use products that are only made for leather care or take it to the leather cleaner.
What if my leather product gets wet?
Hang it to dry slowly at room temperature. After it dried – apply leather conditioner and protector.
Do NOT do the following:
- Leave the leather in the direct sunlight, and
- Attempt to speed up the natural drying process by using hair dryer or any other hot tool.
My leathers are dry and cracking. What do I do to fix this?
Always use products specifically made for leather care and choose solution that’s made from all natural ingredients. Avoid coloured liquid as it will discolour the leather.
What if my leather gets dirty?
Use a damp cloth and avoid using soaps or adding citrus cleaning products to the water.
For stubborn stains, use leather conditioning treatments specifically designed to remove stains but not dye. Apply leather protector for better resistance.